Saturday, February 25, 2012

Summer Zucchini Bites

 Here's a healthy recipe for all my readers! These come in at 58 calories per piece. The original recipe found
HERE calls for mini muffin tin. However, mine is packed away, so I used my regular muffin pan and made 12 muffins instead of 24. I'm making these up for quick breakfasts this week. I'm going to freeze them and then pop out a couple in the morning, heat them up, and gobble them up! I tweaked the recipe a bit because I had more zucchini. You'll see my modifications in (parenthesis)!




ingredients

2 c. grated zucchini (3 c. grated zucchini)
2 eggs, lightly beaten (3 eggs, lightly beaten)
½ yellow onion, finely chopped (3/4 c yellow onion, finely chopped)
½ c. sharp cheddar, grated
½ c. bread crumbs
¼ c. fresh parsley, finely chopped (none, did not have any on hand)
Makes approximately 24 mini-muffin sized bites(made 12 regular muffin sized bites)

instructions

1. Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Butter a mini-muffin tin (spray a regular muffin tin), set aside.
2. In a large glass bowl add two eggs (3 eggs) and beat lightly with a whisk. Then, add the zucchini, onion, cheddar, bread crumbs and parsley (omitted from my recipe) and combine them with a wooden spoon.
3. Using your hands or an ice-cream scoop, fill each muffin cup just to the top. Bake  for 15-18 minutes or until the top is browned and set.
~Enjoy!
Melissa~

No comments:

Post a Comment