Saturday, February 25, 2012

Sinusitis...at home remedies!

  Well, I had to cancel my bike ride due to a sinus infection. No good to ride in the cold weather. So instead I went to work on using home remedies to clear up my sinus infection. I made a moist heat pack out of a diaper. Yes, a diaper...it was amazing! I found an instructables here. I didn't have a big zip lock bag so instead I used a freezer bag that is slightly bigger than a sandwich bag. I took one of lil bean's diapers and filled it with 3 cups of hot water. I then tri-folded it and placed it in the bag. I zipped it half way and then microwaved it for 3 minutes. I wrapped inside of a light baby blanket and placed on face for quite a while. This little heat pack was nice a squishy soft and stayed heated for several hours! This would be great for any kind of sore, achy area you are experiencing!
  My upper teeth have been hurting quite a bit due to the infection so I've been taking Tylenol and I took a naproxen  to help with the inflammation. Hopefully it will calm down because right now it's hard to chew any food! I had received a free SinuSense (neti bottle) from Waterpik last year in the mail and we had packed it away. I had my husband pull it out (well, actually I wanted the vapor steamer to hold steam up to my face but he couldn't find it) and I just used it for the first time. I was a little skeptical, but I'll be using it from now on! I wish I would have used this early in the week when I first started having my cold! Then maybe I would have gotten this infection! Anyways...I got so much relief from the use of it and got so much build up out! I'm so grateful for inventions like this!


  These are things to try if you can't get to the doctor's office. In my case, it's Saturday and the office is closed. For sure, if I'm still having issues on Monday I'll be calling to get some antibiotics. I am not by any means recommending you don't go to the Doctors. Sinusitis can be very painful and become chronic if not taken care of properly. Antibiotics are always a good idea. These are just recommendations until you can get to the doctors. Sometimes the infection will go away with the above, but it is not always the case.

~Enjoy!
Melissa~




No comments:

Post a Comment