Saturday, January 28, 2012

My Fitness Pal

  I'm sharing my favorite iphone app with you today. Have you heard of My Fitness Pal? It's great for tracking your food and exercise. Seriously, if you have an iphone download this app. You don't have a smart phone? Well, no worries! Check it out online HERE! Go ahead and register yourself...I'll wait.
  Got it? Ok, you should have put all your personal info in and it should have come up with a calorie amount for you to lose the amount of weight you want to lose per week. Mine is 1340 calories per day in order to lose 2 lbs per week. This site/app really helps you keep track and to keep honest with what you are eating. I've lost 10 lbs since I started tracking again. I believe this is the end of my 3rd week, so I'm ahead of my 2 lbs a week weight loss! WOOT WOOT! On the left side of the My Home section you'll see your diet tools:
  • Track food - Here you will add what foods you eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks. Down in the bottom right corner you will see the math. How many calories you have eaten and how many you have left. When you are finished logging for the day, go ahead a click "complete this entry." A new screen will pop up saying how much you will way in 5 weeks according to your input that day. This is a great motivator!
  • Track Exercise - With this tool you can add in your strength training and your cardio workouts. It calculates how much you've burned according to your weight and height. You can also put in your own amount if you used a gym machine and it told you how much you burned! (Hint* The more you exercise, the more calories you get!)
  • Weigh-In - Exactly like it sounds. Enter your weight. You can do this on a daily, weekly, monthly, or whatever basis you want to. I'm currently doing weekly, just because you can flex so much from day to day with water weight and such.  You can also record whatever other areas you want to keep track of. Examples: hip width, body fat %, pant size, etc.
  • Message Boards- Go here to read the forums! Get some motivation, recipes, or gain new friends!
  • Your Profile- This is what you want to let others know about you and what you set up at the beginning!
  • Mobile-Find the app for the technology that you use! I LOVE that I have this on my iphone because the iphone gives you the option to scan a barcode and if it is in the database then it automatically puts in the calories, fat, sugars, proteins, etc. for that food and its serving size! LOVE LOVE LOVE this! This is probably my favorite feature on the iphone!
  My Second favorite feature of this app/website is the Recipe builder. You put in the foods you put into a recipe and it adds all the nutritional values together. Then when you fix that recipe all you have to do is put in the serving size you ate! So easy! You can also save certain foods or meals you eat often to add quickly!
  Alright, I'm just about done harping on this subject. The last thing I want to leave you with. The BEST thing...It's absolutely....100%...FREE!!!!! Woohoo! Ok, I'm done!

~Enjoy
Melissa~














      

No comments:

Post a Comment