Monday, June 6, 2011

Motivation Monday

  So I have decided to return to Body for Life for my weight loss program. I've gone with this before and not stuck with it, but it is time for that to change. Yes, I admit...I love food. I love baking especially. I do not have to give it up completely, but it needs to be in moderation.
  Body for Life is very reasonable. It is not a get thin quick scheme, so if you are looking to drop 10 lbs in one week, this is not for you. BFL helps you plan out your meals by helping you understand what to eat and the PORTIONS to eat. We proably eat 3/4s of what we should at meals. The Body for Life website has a page that tells you how to create a meal.
 1. Choose a portion of lean protein
 2. Choose a portion of complex carbohydrates
 3. Add a portion of vegetables to at least two meals each day
 4. Consume one tablespoon of unsaturated oil daily or three portions of salmon per week
 5. Drink at least 10 glasses of water each day.

  They also include exercise animations (how to) along with recipes and meal plans! Exercise is excellent in this program. Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays are cardio days. You do at least 20 minutes cardio. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays are strength training days. You alternate the weeks so that on the odd weeks you are doing Upper Body on Mondays and Fridays and Lower Body on Wednesdays. Then on the even weeks you are doin Lower Body on Mondays and Fridays and Upper Body on Wednesday.

  BFL is a 12 week program. You can do this program and get the results. You can also sign up for the BFL challenge. Yes, a challenge! Even more motivation to stick to the program. I want to win this time! I've signed up for the challenge and am ready for my transformation to begin! At the end of the 12 weeks challenge, you fill out a form including your before and after photos along with an essay about what motivated you to start the challenge. They have different categories for the challenges too! You can enter  Men 18-29, Men 30-45, Men 46 and over, Women 18-29, Women 30-45, Women 46 and over, or the Couples Category. What do you get if you are chosen as the winner?

 *2011 Challenge Prizes*

Two Grand Master Champions 1 Male / 1 Female Each Grand Master Champion will receive:
-$5,000 of in-store product credit redeemable at Abbottstore.com
-Body-for-LIFE Champion leather jacket ($1,500 value)
-Reimbursement of all EAS products purchased during the Challenge
-Free home gym, courtesy of PowerBlocks™

Four Category Champions and One Couples Champion will receive:
-$1,000 of in-store product credit redeemable at Abbottstore.com
-Body-for-LIFE Champion leather jacket ($1,500 value)
-Reimbursement of all EAS products purchased during the Challenge
-Free home gym, courtesy of PowerBlocks™

 My motivation? Well, obviously weight loss and a toned body. I want to have my picture in the success story page.  It is time I start taking care of this temple of God, which is my body.  No more gluttony! I need to be healthier for myself and for my lil bean! Each week I will be updating you with my weight and my food diary, along with what exercises I did for that week. Please leave comments with what you are doing and follow along with me if you'd like!

Here are my measurements at the beginning of the challenge (6/6/11):
-weight: 219 lbs
-shoudlers: 39.5"
-bust:          42"
-waist:        40"
-hips:          47"
-thigh:         28.5"
-arm:          14"

I will post my measurements again at the end of the 12 week challenge.

My short term goal? 2 lbs once a week
My long term goal? Under 200 lbs by August vacation!

Let the challenge begin!
~Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment