Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter- The LORD is RISEN!

If you did not read my post from Good Friday, read HERE.

Then, read the following passage: Matthew 28

“...He is not here; for He is risen, as He said." (Matthew 28:6)

  Did you read the passage above? Could you imagine being the guards at that tomb? That tomb had been sealed and was guarded well. Then this happens-
And behold, there was a great earthquake; for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat on it. His countenance was like lightning, and his clothing as white as snow. And the guards shook for fear of him, and became like dead men.

  The guards shook in fear of Him and became like dead men! I think I would have been a dead man! It must have been an awesome and fearful experience to see an angel! I can imagine after the shock of everything that occured, the fear that set in. I can't help but wonder if these guards trusted in Christ after all that they witnessed. I sure hope they did!

  I am so thankful today that Christ died on the Cross for me, to take away my sins. Now that I have know Christ and have put my trust and faith in Him, I will one day spend eternity in Heaven with Him. Praise God! I cannot wait for that glorious day. Jesus will return one day! Are you ready for it? If not, I would be more than happy to discuss how you can trust Christ today and put your faith and trust in Him and have eternity in Heaven as well. It is not through good works that we are saved. Do not think that you can just go to church and be good and you're good to go. I will be happy to talk with you through e-mail communication, phone, or even in person if you are close to me!

"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen. (Matthew 28:19-20)

No comments:

Post a Comment