Friday, February 11, 2011

*Praying For Your Husbands* "She does him good..." ~Proverbs 31:12a

  One of the ladies at my church made this little ringlet book for me a while back. My intentions were to go through it right away. However, as I have a tendency to do, I put it up and forgot about it. I had it hanging on the shelf in my bedroom, so I would see it now and again. I would think to myself, "Self...I'm going to start that." It stayed where it was though.
  Well today I said to myself, "Self, you need to be closer to the Lord. You need to be in His Word. You need to be praying. How can you be productive for the Lord and live for Him, if you aren't doing anything to accomplish that?? Self...you are going through that flip book, reading God's Word, and praying!" So, that's exactly what I did.
  I have time to do it. I just tell myself I don't. Why do I let Satan into my head like that! Well, truthfully...it's because I'm human and therefore a sinner. However, Christ died on the cross for my sins, so that they may be forgiven. I have trusted in Christ as my Saviour, knowing that asking forgiveness of my sins and asking Him into my heart, is the ONLY way I can spend eternity in Heaven with my Lord. (John 3:16)
  For the next 31 days I'll be going through this flip book and sharing it with you. This will help me keep myself accountable to do it! Plus, as I share with you...I hope you'll comment and share with me! The resource for this devotional is Revive Our Hearts. I have italicised (sp?) what comes from Revive Our Hearts.
 
Bless your husband by praying for Him! Apostle Paul instructed all Christians to pray for one another (Ephesians 6:18; get your Bible out and read this). This includes wives' responsibility and privilege to pray for their husbands. Earnest prayer for your husband is good for him, for you, and the spiritual health of your home (Proverbs 31:11-12). Satan desires to destroy your husband, especially his character and his leadership in your relationship. Trust God through prayer as you daily surrender your husband and marriage to the Lord's wise, and loving arms.

Day 1~
Pray that your husband will grow spiritually and consider his accountability before the Lord. Pray that he will guard his heart by developing spiritual disciplines--Bible reading and study, prayer, meditation, scripture memorization, etc. (2 Peter 3:18; Proverbs 4:23

2 Peter 3:18: but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.

Proverbs 4:23: Keep your heart with all vigilance, for from it flow the springs of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment