Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Where did Time go?

  I logged in the other day to find that my last post was  April 22nd! Sorry! I've been keeping myself pretty busy. I think things are about to change for a while though, well...at least until the bean arrives!   Reading through my last post made me realize how much stuff happens in just a couple of months! My starter kit for my garden was a huge fail. It was going great and I was even bringing it inside at night and placing it back outside during the day. Little buds were starting to sprout all over. Then one day I was taking it outside for the day and my screen door made a reflection on the ceiling. My dogs went crazy and I thought they were trying to escape so I panicked and in the process dumped my entire starter tray upside down. Half in my house and half outside the door! :( I tried to place them back in the proper places, but it was impossible. Some of the seeds had fallen out, quite a bit of dirt still on the porch. It ended up just drying up. So that was a waste of time and money. All the other little plants I had planted either blew away in the storms we had or just simply disappeared. So no garden this year. I'll try again next year with heavy pots and a better system! Any tips would be welcomed!
  We did finally get a car that we both loved. I was pretty insistant on an SUV with 3 rows. Even though this is our first lil bean, we plan on having more and I want to have room for them and their friends or our family to ride with us. One of the very first cars we looked at was this brilliant blue Toyota Highlander that we both loved. It was so smooth and it felt very safe. Plus it had a 3rd row and lots of cup holders and storage. These things were a bonus for me! However, it was over our price range a little. We looked around and tested other cars, but nothing compared really. So, it ended up that we bought the Highlander and we have not regretted it! I LOVE driving this vehicle!! Now the hubs just needs to sell his truck and get a truck with cab seating and we'll be set on cars.
  The 3rd week of May was fun. My parents and I drove out to see my sister and her family. We celebrated my niece's 2nd birthday while we were there. I bought her a pink scooter (which she was a little small for) and she was actually able to figure out the keep one foot on while pushing with the other one. Maybe not the best, but she's only 2! I got the cutest cake for her birthday too! It was a cupcake doggie! Isn't it cute! Not quite as cute as my niece though!
  One of the most exicting things that happened since my last post?? (besides baby related stuff...that's in the next post to come) I no longer work the 7pm-7am shift on the neurosurgical floor! YAY!!! The Lord opened up a great position for me and my family. I am finally working in the area I've been praying for! I'm a PACU or Recovery nurse now. I started the very beginning of June and am loving it! I'm still in training, but am mostly doing things on my own. I always ask a lot of questions, even if I think I know the answer. I just want to make sure I do my job correctly. We have 2 patients at the most at any one time. Most of our patients stay 30 minutes to 1 hour depending on the type of anesthesia they received. We keep them longer if they are in a lot of pain, not stable, or if a bed is not available. I was working the hours of my preceptors which would either be 7:30am-3:30 or 10am-5. Today is the first day I'll be working the hours I was hired on to work. My normal hours will be Monday-Friday from 11am-7pm. I can't think of better hours. I have the morning to prep dinner and do house work and then still be able to make it home to eat dinner at a reasonable hour and see my hubby! Best part is that I get to see him every day now!! Plus when baby comes I'll have plenty of time to get her over to my mom's in the morning and then the hubs will pick her up on his way home from work around 4:45! She'll already be home when I get home! I'm looking forward to coming home every day to my sweet lil bean and my man and relaxing!
  Well that's enough for now. I'll try to get a post out tomorrow on everything that's been going on with our lil bean! God bless and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment