Thursday, March 25, 2010

Nursery Idea

So I've kind of been pushing the hubs to start on finishing the basement...it's not working out so well. Currently I have 100 pieces of lumbar with 1 small box and 1 big box of nails in my basement and that's as far as we've gotten. I know we have 6ish months left...but I'm already to start decorating the nursery!
  For a long time I thought when I was pregnant I would decorate with giraffes and turtles as they are my favorite animals (weird combo I know...but whatever). Now I'm leaning towards moons and stars because I've found a couple of great pieces that I've bought specifically for the nursery and they include moons and stars. One of them is from Tatouage Designs. Isn't it sweet! We are going to place it on the ceiling above the crib. This other piece my sister and I found while shopping on Main Street in St. Charles. It was a little more than I spend for stuff...but I figured I could splurge for the bean right? It is a wall-mounted door knob. When you turn the handle it plays the song "Beautiful Dreamer". I love the detailing on it. Here's a picture:

I was thinking of the song, "My God is so Great" and maybe using that as my theme. Since stars are part of his handiwork and I already have some items with those...maybe I could add some mountains and rivers. I also thought about tattooing the song somewhere in the room. Most likely leaving out the 2nd line though so it's not too cluttered. What do you think?

My God is so Great

My God is so great, so strong and so mighty, there's nothing my God cannot do.
My God is so great, so strong and so mighty, there's nothing my God cannot do.
The mountains are his, the rivers are his, the stars are His handiwork, too.
My God is so great, so strong and so mighty, there's nothing my God cannot do, for you!

I mean there is plenty of things I could do with the room. I'm open for any suggestions too. Leave me some comments letting me know what you think of my idea and please be honest! You won't hurt my feelings!
Thanks!


This is information I receive from Fit Pregnacy. This is what I received for week 13:
  By week 13, you’ll have more energy and less nausea (it could be gone entirely by weeks 14 to 15), as the placenta takes over hormone production. Your fetus’s ears are now developed enough that she’ll hear when you sing or talk, and the kidneys are making urine. The fetus appears unmistakably human and starts to look really cute in ultrasound photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment