Friday, January 4, 2013

Crock Pot Taco Soup and Sweet Honey Cornbread

~Day 4~

This recipe comes from bigoven.com. It was okay, but the hero of this meal was the corn bread...which of course was not a crock pot recipe! But! I still used my crock pot none the less!  I don't think we will be making this one again just because it isn't our style. I think others would really like it though. :) I guess you'll just have to try it to find out! Please let me know your thoughts too!

Taco Soup

 I halved this recipe, except that the hubs added a whole can of kidney beans and chili beans and I did not have any green chilies on hand.
1 poundGround beef (I used 13 oz)
2 quartsTomatoes (I used 2 cans)
1 16-oz canKidney beans
1 16-oz canChili beans
1 packageTaco seasoning mix (used 1/2 a packet of fajita seasoning I had on hand)
1 smallonion; chopped (1/2 onion used)
1 8 ounceTomato sauce (I used 1/2 a can of tomato paste with equal part water...no sauce on hand)
1 8 ounceWater (used 4 oz)
2 cansSweet whole kernel corn (used 1 can)
1 4-oz canmild Green chilies (omitted)
Taco Soup Preparation
Brown beef and onion together. Put all ingredients in crock pot and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.When serving, you can add these toppings:
*corn chips *shredded mild cheddar cheese
*sour cream


Here's the link to the cornbread...you MUST try this one! Sweet Honey Cornbread

~Enjoy!
Melissa~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment