I forgot to take a picture! If I weren't so lazy I could go upstairs and take a picture...but I'm 8 months pregnant and yes, lazy. :)
The hubs is going to start eating healthier and working out, which means my goal for 2013 is to help him meet those goals. I want to help him be healthier and be a totally different person by 2014. So from now on you will be seeing a lot more healthy posts...yay! Besides the fact, I'm going to have to join the battle of the bulge after the baby is born. I already have plans to join a local weight loss group that begins April 6th. So enjoy this last rich meal! Now you are on a diet too...bwahahaha!
Just going to point this out now. If you are making this late at night, it is all fine and dandy if you set your crock to cook for 8 hours. Just make sure you hit the ON button! I woke up this morning and my first thought was, "I don't smell sausage gravy." Sure enough, I walked into the kitchen and the crock pot still said 8 hours on it. POO! It's alright though. I set the crock to cook for 1 hour on high and all was good. :)
Crock Pot Sausage Gravy
Source: Get Crocked Blog
- 1 lb. pork sausage
- 1/4 c. flour
- 2 1/2 c. milk
- 1/4 c. butter or margarine
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 - 10 3/4 oz. cans cheddar cheese soup - undiluted
1. Cook sausage in a skillet over medium heat until no longer pink.2. Drain and remove sausage. (I did not drain mine as this was the hubs last non-diet breakfast and he likes the flavor of the grease in there. I know, it sounds gross but it actually does make a difference)
3. In the same skillet, melt butter.
4. Stir in flour and pepper until smooth. GRADUALLY whisk in milk and soup.
5. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 more minutes or until thick and bubbly.
6. Stir in sausage.
7. Transfer to the crock pot.
8. Cover. Cook on Low for 7-8 hours. Stir!
Note: Serve over biscuits.