Tuesday, April 5, 2011

New Beginnings!

  So yesterday was the beginning of a few things. First of all...it is a new work week. Mondays are normally good, but it was busy! I didn't leave work until 10pm! Mind you, I'm suppose to get off at 7pm. Yesterday was the first Monday of the month, which calls for the crash carts (pediatric and adult) to be opened up and checked thoroughly. Everything on the list has to be in a specific draw, bin, box, or bag and you have to check expiration dates. On a daily basis we just check to make sure the stuff on the top/outside of the crashcarts are there and not expired and make sure the defibillators are fired and working. Let me tell you...that was a lot of work lol. It seemed like it took me forever, but it is good because I get to see where everything is located within the crash carts. Thankfully I haven't had to use it yet. (knocking on wood!)
  Yesterday was also the beginning of the Work It Off, 12 week weight loss challenge at work. Since I'm finishing the Just Lose It program, I had to go to 2 different spots within the hospital to do my weight. I lost  -0.8 lbs according to my Just Lose It scale. The new scale for the Work It off rounded up. Oh well, what do you expect when going from a digital scale to an old time scale lol. So if I lose another 2.4 lbs by next Monday, I will receive another dog tag saying I've lost 10 lbs....that will be a total of 20 lbs! I'll let you know how I do.
  I also started bootcamp. Yes. bootcamp. Fitness bootcamp that is. I really enjoyed it. My friend is working out with me. Thank you Tara! We did circuits yesterday, which were difficult, but very very good! I ended up getting sick (my breakfast did not stay down!), but it was still a great workout. I'll be doing this for at least a month on M, W, F, and Sat. I'll let you know how my classes are going. I'm excited for tomorrow!
  Well I gotta get lil bean to grandmas and off for another busy day in recovery!

~Enjoy,
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment