Thursday, August 5, 2010

Times are Changing

  I'm going to be a mom in less than 2 months! It seems like I was just finishing college, just getting married, just finishing high school...boy have times changed! I've been married just over 3 years now and we are expecting our first little one! Our due date: October 1st, 2010.
  I definitely have started that "nesting" stage everyone talks about. I remember learning about this in my childbearing class (from nursing school) and thinking, wouldn't you just want to relax? Absolutely not, you want to have everything done and put in place, and you want it to be perfect. I see how this makes the spouses a little crazy. My poor hubby has to deal with me, but in my defense...I did tell him back in February that I didn't want to be 8 months pregnant and fixing up the nursery still. Well...it's not even painted all the way...close, very close, but not done. I guess technically he has until friday until I'm 8 months lol. There is still so much to be done. Lord, give me patience.
 I've been going crazy looking up different sites to try and locate pieces that will match the bedding set that is on it's way. I was set on this decor and come to find out...the line has been discontinued, forever! So now I'm scrambling. I think I'm getting there though. The wall border has been my biggest battle. I have found 3 possible borders that I think will match with the bedding, but it's hard to tell when you can't see them next to each other. Here are the 3 I'm considering:
  The picture directly above is the bedding set that is coming. It includes the sheet, dust ruffle, quilt, bumper pads, diaper stacker, and one window valance (which I'm actually not going to use, because I have 2 windows). Please, please leave your comments telling me which border you think will go the best. The picture sort of throws me off because my walls are blue and not yellow. Hmmm...maybe I should order all three and see which one I like the best, lol. No, seriously I'm not that crazy yet. Leave a comment and help me out here please!         
  I guess until you have your baby shower, everything is just in pieces. You can't buy too much because you don't know what people are going to get you, yet you know that not everything is going to be purchased for you. Only time will tell. Times are defnitely changing!




No comments:

Post a Comment