Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Our Family Easter Dinner!

Every year Easter is held at my mom's house, which means all of us guests bring something with us. Since I am the baker in the family (the biggest one anyway)...I am always assigned a dessert. This year I also decided to bring 2 sides.  Of course I didn't choose what I was making until 6pm the night before, so I had to go out and get groceries and I found an Easter dress!
  These are the sides I fixed. Both of these recipes came from Noble Pig (my favorite food blog!). The first was this Walnut Wild Rice. I doubled the recipe. It was really good, the only thing I would change is less vinegar next time.
The next side I tried out was this Grilled Caesar Salad with Roasted Garlic-Salted Pepitas. This was           delicious. I was scared to use anchovies and left them out. I think this made the dressing a little too heavy     on the vinegar taste. Next time I'll definitely have to try this with the anchovies. I think this is an excellent      summer salad that you could use almost any vinegarettes on. I also couldn't find pepitas and used raw          pumpkin seeds.                                                                                                                                         

For dessert I made this delicious Tangerine Chiffon Cake I found from Good Housekeeping. Seriously if you have never had this cake...you need to fix it right now! This cake is amazing in flavor and is nice and moist! Plus it is beautiful! I even added a little candy daffodil.  I wanted to make more...but it was pushing midnight and I was exhausted!                                                                                                                                 

                                                                                                      
                                                                                             
Here's a photo of our Easter spread:
And of course some family photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment